CHS is distinctive in the field for our community mission, collaborative approach, deep experience, proven support model, and team commitment.
At CHS we help organizations create community impact. We can see the importance of community impact in research showing that where we live can profoundly influence our opportunities for health, education, employment, housing, and quality of life. With this connection in mind, we envision a healthy community as a place where people work together to promote health opportunity for all. Every individual and organization has a positive role to play in making this vision real.
At CHS we use a collaborative approach to help our clients accomplish their goals for performance and impact.
- We believe in the power of collaboration to leverage resources and create collective impact.
- We support collaborative learning to help organizations learn and implement effective strategies and practices.
- We help organizations create collaborative strategies to leverage resources, expand their reach, and accomplish their mission.
CHS brings insight and lessons learned from 20 years of experience serving organizations that care about community.
- Since 1998 we have helped hundreds of organizations assess needs, design strategies, develop capacity, execute for results, and demonstrate impact. Much of this work has been accomplished through collaborative projects sponsored by associations, foundations, or public agencies.
- We have also provided analysis and advice to help local, state, and federal officials make informed decisions about public programs and policies.
- We apply this experience to help our clients elevate their people, performance, and community impact.
We use a proven support model to help organizations elevate their people, performance, and community impact.
- Our core supports include research, analytics, strategy guidance, and learning support.
- We customize these supports to help organizations assess needs, design strategies, develop capacity, execute for results, and demonstrate impact.
- Our emphasis on organizational learning is distinctive in the field, and designed to help our clients develop a sustainable capacity for excellence.
Our core team has extensive experience and a total commitment to client success. We also partner with an extended team of associates to create the right team for each engagement.
Stephen Horan, PhD is the founding President and CEO of Community Health Solutions, bringing more than 25 years of professional experience to each client and project. Under Steve’s leadership Community Health Solutions has helped hundreds of organizations achieve better results through effective strategy and practice. Individually, Steve has been an advisor to consumer groups, nonprofit organizations, corporations, foundations, and public sector leaders. This broad perspective informs Steve’s ability to connect policy to strategy and practice.
Terry Laine, MS, PCMH CCE is the Operations Manager and a Senior Consultant at Community Health Solutions. Terry brings more than 25 years of professional experience to CHS projects. Terry offers distinctive expertise in the areas of quality improvement, integrated care development; patient centered medical home development, knowledge management, innovation support, collaboration support, and leadership development. Terry completed IHI’s Breakthrough Series College, and is a NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home Certified Content Expert (PCMH CCE). She holds a Master of Science Degree from James Madison University.
Sherrina Gibson is a Manager at Community Health Solutions. In this capacity Sherrina leads and supports projects focused on community needs assessment and community strategy development for health and human service organizations. Sherrina offers more than ten years of experience and distinctive expertise in data development, strategic analytics, strategy design, and program evaluation. Sherrina is certified as a NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home Certified Content Expert (PCMH CCE), and holds an B.A. in Sociology.