Community Health Solutions leverages the wealth of resources in the Community Toolbox in providing strategy support for community initiatives. The Community Tool Box is a public service developed and managed by the KU Work Group for Community Health and Development and partners nationally and internationally. The Tool Box is a part of the KU Work Group’s role as a designated World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Community Health and Development.
Community Health Solutions combines content from the Community Toolbox with our own extensive menu of resources to provide customized support through our community learning networks. Key modules provided by the Community Toolbox include the following.
- Creating and Maintaining Partnerships
- Assessing Community Needs and Resources
- Analyzing Problems and Goals
- Developing a Framework or Model of Change
- Developing Strategic and Action Plans
- Building Leadership
- Developing an Intervention
- Increasing Participation and Membership
- Enhancing Cultural Competence
- Advocating for Change
- Influencing Policy Development
- Evaluating the Initiative
- Implementing a Social Marketing Effort
- Writing a Grant Application for Funding
- Improving Organizational Management and Development
- Sustaining the Work or Initiative
Contact us to learn more about how to build community capacity for your initiative.