- At CHS we use a proven support model to help organizations create positive impact and demonstrate their results.
- The model can be tailored to focus on the organization as a whole, or a particular program or service line.
- We can help you define a focus, assess needs, design strategies, develop capacity, execute for results, and demonstrate positive impact.
Every mission-driven organization needs to define and demonstrate positive impact for the people it serves.
- We begin by working with you to define a project focus that could be for the organization as a whole, for a particular program or service line, or for a collaborative project involving multiple organizations.
- Your positive impact objectives might include direct social impact for health, education, employment, housing, food security, personal safety, and other factors that impact individual opportunity and quality of life.
- Your objectives could also include elements of economic impact, environmental impact, policy impact, and other structural and cultural impacts that help to create healthier communities.
Positive impact begins with and understanding of the needs of the population or community the organization aims to serve. CHS can help your organization:
- Define the focus population for the organization or intiiative
- Develop quantitative indicators of population needs and capabilities
- Generate qualitative insights about needs, service gaps, available assets, and opportunities for improvement
- Share results in efficient reports and visualizations
- Use results to inform strategy design.
Positive impact strategies can be designed for the organization as a whole, or for a particular program or service line. CHS can help your organization:
- Define the mission or purpose of the organization, program, or service line
- Define the primary customers, or people whose lives will be changed through your work
- Define the supporting customers, such as service partners, funders, and other key stakeholders
- Create a compelling value proposition for primary and supporting customers
- Specify the intended results, including indicators of positive impact
- Design the goals and action strategies that will be implemented to create positive impact.
Excellent strategies will fall short if the organization does not have the necessary capacity for strategy execution. CHS can provide training and technical assistance to help your organization develop capacity for positive impact. We can help you:
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Optimize policies, systems, and structures
- Support team learning and development
- Facilitate innovation and problem solving
- Use feedback to refine and improve execution.
Once the strategy is defined, execution is everything. We can help you:
- Assure quality
- Monitor performance
- Solve execution challenges
- Optimize workflows and teamwork
- Innovate and optimize based on team learning and feedback.
Demonstrating impact is essential for sustaining and growing programs and services. We can help you:
- Meet evaluation requirements of funders
- Use evaluation to inform strategic learning and improvement
- Define objectives for positive impact
- Develop indicators of positive impact
- Demonstrate positive impact to key stakeholders.