At CHS we specialize in helping community collaboratives (groups of community partners) innovate for community impact. Here it is helpful to have a strategy model that is flexible, adaptive, and focused on assuring community value.
As a starting point we use the ‘community strategy wheel‘ as a guide to help partners:
- 1. Engage key stakeholders
- 2. Assess community needs
- 3. Design community strategies
- 4. Develop community capacity
- 5. Support community implementation
- 6. Evaluate community impact
- 7. Demonstrate community value
We also use an action learning approach to help local partners build sustainable capacity as they work together on community innovations. Learn more about applying our community support strategies in the sections below.