Community Health Solutions is a team of dedicated professionals with a commitment to helping organizations and communities optimize health for the people they serve. As a firm we are distinctive for our focus on population health, our commitment to strengthening the safety net, and our use of Action Learning to drive improvement. Our goal in every engagement is to help our clients build a sustainable capacity for excellence. The results can be seen in the breakthrough accomplishments of our clients.
At Community Health Solutions we provide strategy support for population health improvement. We chose this mission because we believe population health improvement is a national and local imperative. In the coming years the age wave and the rising prevalence of lifestyle-driven chronic disease will place extraordinary pressure on the health care system and the national economy. In response we need to identify and spread effective models of health promotion and health care at every level of the health care system. This will require continuous learning and improvement as organizations strive to demonstrate value to consumers, partners, payers, purchasers, and policymakers.
Community Health Solutions serves the spectrum of organizations engaged in the vital work of population health improvement. We have recently supported community health centers, community free clinics, community behavioral health organizations, primary care practices, hospitals and health systems, health grantmakers, human service agencies, public health agencies, public school districts, and state policy initiatives. Learn more about who we serve…
Our Core Capabilities
At Community Health Solutions we use a proven support strategy called Action Learning to help organizations achieve their goals for improvement and learning. In a typical project, we provide a combination of supports to help our clients define goals, design strategies, build capacity, optimize performance, and demonstrate value. The array of supports we provide may include research, design, data development, analytics, training, tool development, and technical assistance. These supports are delivered by our team of seasoned professionals through a combination of facilitated learning sessions, online supports, and direct consultations. Learn more about our team members…
Our recent projects illustrate our depth and breadth of experience in providing strategy support for population health improvement. Each of these projects reflects our commitment to listen to client needs and co-design solutions that work. Examples of our recent projects include:
- Virginia Center for Health Innovation. Strategy support for development of the Virginia Health Innovation Network and other strategic initiatives of the Center.
- Community Health Needs Assessment. Community health needs assessment (CHNA) support for more than 35 hospitals, health systems, foundations, and other organizations.
- Virginia Atlas of Community Health. Created and recently updated this health data portal with more than 100 community health indicators (www.AtlasVa.com)
- Greater Richmond Patient Centered Medical Home Initiative. Action learning support for this safety net health care initiative sponsored by the Richmond Memorial Health Foundation. (Learn more…)
- Greater Williamsburg Children’s Behavioral Health Initiative. Action learning support for this regional initiative sponsored by the Williamsburg Community Health Foundation. (Learn more…)
- Greater Williamsburg Chronic Care Collaborative. Action learning support for this safety net health care initiative sponsored by the Williamsburg Community Health Foundation.
- MSV evolve™ – defining the future of health care. Action learning support for this program created by the Medical Society of Virginia Foundation and its partners to help physicians and their teams define their future within a rapidly changing health care system. (Learn more…)
- TO GOAL (Together Obtaining Guidelines, Optimization, Adherence, and Lifestyles). Action learning support for this health quality improvement initiative directed by the Medical Society of Virginia Foundation.
- Virginia Home Improvement Project. Action learning support for this patient-centered medical home project directed by the Virginia Community Healthcare Association.
- Richmond City Health Department Resource Centers. Strategic evaluation of a community health worker program. Completed for the Richmond City Health Department.
- Virginia Systems Improvement Project. Action learning support for this health quality improvement project directed by the Virginia Community Healthcare Association and the Virginia Department of Health.
- VACSB Community ROI Model. Action learning support for development of a community return on investment model for the Virginia Association of Community Services Boards.
- Virginia State Health Access Program. Strategy support and analytic support for this federal grant directed by the Virginia Department of Health.
- Northern Virginia Healthy Kids Coalition. Action learning support for this child health promotion coalition sponsored by Inova Health System.
- Nurse Leadership Institute of Virginia. Action learning support for this nurse manager leadership institute sponsored by the Richmond Memorial Health Foundation. (Learn more…)
- Claude Moore Physician Leadership Institute. Action learning support for this physician leadership institute directed by the Medical Society of Virginia Foundation.
- Leading for the Long Term. Action learning support for this safety net executive leadership institute directed by the Virginia Health Care Foundation.