Health improvement works best when community organizations work together for the good of individuals and populations. Many of these partnerships start with community needs assessments that lead to collaborative community initiatives. At Community Health Solutions we help organizations assess community needs and develop community initiatives that make a positive difference. We provide these supports for associations, foundations, coalitions, hospitals, health systems, public health agencies, and other organizations with a mission to assess and address community health needs. Scroll down to learn more about our community strategy supports.
Community needs assessment is a critical starting point for community health improvement. We help organizations develop community needs assessments that are strategically focused and designed to support action. We can help your organization or collaborative:
- Focus assessment objectives
- Design assessment methods
- Develop community health indicators
- Learn from community insights
- Inventory community assets
- Produce assessment reports, data portals and visualizations
- Educate stakeholders about assessment results.
Community initiatives should be strategically designed to address defined needs using collaborative approaches that are informed by evidence and structured for collective impact. We can help your organization or collaborative:
- Engage key stakeholders
- Facilitate strategic discussions
- Conduct strategic analytics
- Research promising practices
- Define project goals and objectives
- Design action strategies
- Design evaluation plans.
Community initiatives require new and enhanced capabilities as organizations work together to improve services and achieve their intended outcomes. We help community organizations learn and innovate as they develop their capabilities in policy, programming, practice. We can help your organization or collaborative:
- Create collaborative agreements
- Identify, learn and implement promising practices
- Develop necessary tools, systems, and processes
- Develop data and analytics for program management and evaluation.
Most community initiatives require ongoing learning and refinement as stakeholders respond to unexpected developments in implementation. We support community initiatives throughout the execution phase by providing ongoing performance supports. Examples include assistance with:
- Ongoing performance monitoring
- Ongoing refinement of performance supports
- Capturing and spreading knowledge and lessons learned
- Problem solving and program improvement.
Evaluation is a requirement for many community initiatives that involve foundations, hospitals, health systems, public health agencies, and public grant dollars. Required or not, evaluation is essential for program improvement and demonstrating value. We provide assistance for:
- Evaluation design
- Data collection
- Data analysis
- Evaluation reporting
- Implementing program improvements in response to evaluation results.
CHS has been a pioneer in the application of collaborative strategies to support community health improvement. As a ‘backbone’ support organization, we can:
- Assist with overall strategic design of the collaborative project
- Design and facilitate collaborative meetings
- Design program-specific learning objectives, content, and instructional plans
- Design and manage online support resources for collaborative members
- Provide or facilitate a wide range of training and technical assistance supports for collaborative members
- Help foster peer learning and problem solving among collaborative members
- Help design and facilitate program evaluation activities.
One key to sustainability for community initiatives is to define and communicate value in ways that matter to key stakeholders. By applying a systematic Community Value Analysis, a program or organization can define its value for key partners and funders, and use the results to drive improvement and make the case for funding. CHS offers training and technical assistance to help organizations conduct Community Value Analysis using a five-step process:
- Define Your Audience
- Understand Audience Expectations
- Define Your Value Story
- Define and Produce Your Key Value Indicators
- Produce and Deliver Your Value Reporting Products